Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We LOVE Disneyland - Day 1

I know you must be asking yourself why I would be blogging this early while on vacation:) Well you see, I am an early riser and in California it is an hour earlier than in Utah. Rick is snoring away, and Stone and I are up. I'm blogging and Stone is coloring.

This is our first time coming to Disneyland in October. We always come with our friends the Christensen's in February and have always thought that it was much less crowded in that month...but we stand CORRECTED! October is a FABULOUS time at Disneyland. It is the least busy we've ever seen it. We are walking right on rides! The longest wait we've had has been 25 minutes and that was for the new "Toy Story" ride, which by the way was SPECTACULAR...one of my new favorites to be sure.

This trip we are here with our friends (although they are more like family), Cindy and Kallie Jo Stewart. They've been to Disneyland once before but it was at a very busy time of year and because of the crowds and lines only made it on 3 or 4 rides their entire trip. We have had such a fun time showing them Disneyland "Pollock Style." :)

We spent the majority of our first day at California Adventure. Cindy and Kallie had never been on the Tower of Terror so of course that was our VERY FIRST stop:) I watched Cindy the whole time to see her reaction...that was actually more fun than the ride...and she did not disappoint:) Stone likes the idea of the Tower of Terror, but it is always a little more than he bargained for. Kallie and Rick were obsessed with making the "perfect face" for the picture.

We had a great day with great friends! Can't wait to see what today brings:) We LOVE Disneyland!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My baby boy was never an early riser and how nice of you and Stone to let him sleep in. I had not checked the blog in a few days and must admit when I read about the day you went in the hospital, I did tear up...What a day that was, but what a perfect outcome! Things trully do happen for a reason. Stay safe on your trip and we are anxious to see the pictures and hear about the birthday party and trip this weekend....Kiss those boys for me - Love you, Mom (Grandma Pollock)

Natalee said...

I'm so jealous!! That sounds like the perfect vacation with the perfect group of people!! I'm excited to see the rest of your pictures!

Anthony and Christel said...

I am so jealous too! I have never been there, we are planning a trip in a while. Can't wait! I would say have fun, but I know that you are!! :)